Join our team
Why Work Here?
At RBR, we believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. In fact, we attribute our success as a company in part to our ability to recruit, hire, and maintain a skilled and productive work force.
RBR invests considerable effort into research and development, which is carried out in collaboration with customers to ensure that the instruments produced are precisely what the customer wants and can afford. RBR is a global leader in oceanographic instrumentation, providing competitive and innovative products to scientists and researchers worldwide.
Come join our team and help measure the blue planet!
RBR was recently honoured at the Best Ottawa Business awards with a 2016 Best Business trophy. The creative folks at Waterbridge Media put together this quick video about the company and our future. Take a look and then check out our open positions.
RBR endeavours to make our site accessible to any and all users. If you need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at +1 613-599-8900 x266 or at firstname.lastname@example.org This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Technical Sales Manager
Are you a scientist or engineer that wants to do more? Do you want to get involved with more innovative projects? Do you want to travel to more conferences, visit really cool labs and connect with great people? Do you want to throw really accurate and valuable equipment into the ocean, out of a plane, or strapped to the back of a robot – perhaps never to be seen again? Do you want to have a fun career while doing meaningful work to make a difference to people and the planet?
RBR creates instruments to measure the blue planet. From the ocean abyss to the polar ice cap, our sensors track water parameters such as temperature, depth, salinity, dissolved gases, pH, and many others. Leading scientists and engineers from around the world are using RBR equipment to answer important environmental questions and RBR equipment is enabling them to develop innovative measurement solutions that are deployed in the surf zone, mounted on underwater drones, dropped out of planes, towed behind boats, and sent to the bottom of the deep, dark ocean. Our customers are creative, outstanding, and growing quickly.
We are seeking a creative and outstanding Technical Sales Manager to support our customers and continue to fuel our rapid growth. You will be joining a great team of respected technical sales and engineering professionals in this fantastic opportunity for personal and professional growth, and to make a difference to the future of our world. Come join us!
- Executes the full technical sales cycle, including:
- Engage in collaborative projects with customers and present results at technical conferences
- Develop and host technical workshops for academic and commercial customers
- Travel approximately one week each month to customer meetings, conferences and workshops
– Prospecting new business opportunities
– Setting up and managing customer meetings
– Responding to customer inquiries
– Presenting unique, competitive capabilities of relevant instrumentation
– Writing basic quotations as well as complex proposals
– Following up all communications
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in oceanography, marine science, engineering or related field
- Three years relevant scientific research, engineering, or technical sales experience in North America
- Experience collecting and analyzing ocean science data
- Energetic personality and confidence when approaching new people and organizations to forge new relationships
- Confident public speaking, demonstrated technical writing, and ability to develop and present information in a clear and compelling manner
- Motivated self-starter with drive to pursue new areas and gain understanding
- Integrity and ethical approach in decision-making, communications, and actions
- Excellent command of the English language (oral and written)
- Must demonstrate “Sales DNA” is in your blood
To apply, please prepare a cover letter that references RBR, how you are uniquely qualified for this role, and what you would contribute to our team. We offer competitive salaries, generous holidays, a comprehensive health plan, a private RSP fund with matching contributions, and a very flexible work environment.